Wednesday, June 24, 2009

lazy days in los angeleees if aint your parents its the damn police

So I brought up the West coast to the man I love again and the more I talk about it the more he gets enticed.. at least I rather believe that, he always gives me a shpeel about how he wont be making the same number profit else where but I'm convinced it's because of living wages in NY and its not like he really sees much of the money any how.. I don't know, I wasn't smitten by LA when I visited but now that I'm older I can appreciate the quality of life you get there in exchange of some minimal $$ (by comparison of course). I really want to get up and move but only time and a BA will tell.

anyways I saw my friends today and for a moment at the MoMa store I sighed and thought of how one of my dear friends whom I love for her carelessness and in present time living she stands by is really her biggest enemy.. all of the unfiltered love she offers is her own demise and it made me sad because nothing anyone would lecture to her would do any good. I picked up objects around me and listened carefully to her bouncing comments in between stories and remarks about how this suicide she attempted was sooo 3 months ago and this catch up she was clueing me in on right now is just like a story and not real life. I looked at my friend and decided not to care. She's asked me not to care about her before and I was resistant but now I have my old friend back and I'll be there in the side lines rooting for her and at her bedside when she's torn by failed loves we all saw coming because that's what friends do. We don't try to organize lives, angle them or judge them we just wait for our cue and go from there. She wants me for comfort and reassurance and not around for the bad parts and that's okay. I have thought about just letting this one go absent phone calls and no attempts to reconnect. I thought about all the turmoil that happened between us and decided this was a friendly split but then she was incessantly calling and sending messages and I'm happy I have her back realizing that we all go through rough patches and hers was especially bitter but she in her own way was not to blame.

So that said things have their pockets in my life and I'm very happy with how things are going.. noted that not everything is as peachy in other aspects but those things are tangible and minor to everyday living I'm proud of the track I'm running on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment