Monday, March 22, 2010

slow down I just want to get to know you





so many girls fall inlove and they think that it's a finish line they have to get to in order to solidify their love to get to that next step to be that notch above or whatever it is they want to say it is. Love waits, love is more than sex and kisses love is beautiful if you just let it run it's path.

I am not married, I'm not engaged, I'm not his baby momma.. I haven't sank my teeth into the man I want to be with for the rest of my life and that's because I believe he'll be there tomorrow. My claws are filed and my teeth bite into dinner and not him I'm not looking for a ball and chain, I'm looking for happiness and equality between us both.

Sometimes I do get sucked into this socially respected way of partnership: the man and wife there's a certain dignity to being the mother of his children, the woman with the ring not only spiritually but a legal bind between us both-- a responsibility if you will. But that's not what I want my relationship with him to be just about.. I'm happy adopting a puppy together, sharing rent, having someone take me to church on sundays no strings attached.

Life happens whether you have planned it or not and if the day comes where I am married with children it will come anyways if I start now or 10 years later because it's suppose to happen. It's hard to look at the guy you can't breath, can't eat, can't sleep without but as a person you have to wait for the fog to clear and evaluate yourself before you jump the lake because sometimes the lake is the sea and sometimes that sea has hungry sharks swimming in it.

So before you run away from home, before you decide not using a condom is okay because you love and accept the outcomes think about clearing the fog. Sometimes taking care of yourself is a much more beautiful thing and love will follow, it will follow through the depths of your life because nothing is better than finding someone who knows how to love & the first part of knowing how to love well is to love yourself first.

"we accept the love we think we deserve"



No comments:

Post a Comment