Thursday, April 11, 2013

NOTICE.

The way we socialize is a funny thing. Sometimes I put a little more effort into it-- I'll dig around to look for topics and ask questions looking for something to connect the other person and I. 

Today I was walking with a co-worker and knowing he was a religious man I asked him about his church. One question, to a story, to a discussion on faith and I said, "Sometimes we can sit and say 'god why is this happening to me' but we need to realize that this bump is god's finger redirecting us to the path he wants us to be on. Sometimes things end for a better chapter to begin." and he looked at me and said, "I feel like you have just given me a prophecy" and I laughed but then I thought about it... If he could have such faith to be so scrupulous I think I could take his lead and start to notice what is happening around me and find some connection to this world. 

Nothing makes me feel more alive than connectivity, the feeling that I am united and a part of a motion for good in life. Religion inspires this feeling from me but taking it a step further I feel like I could be talking to something so external karma, fate, god, whatever it is that makes us feel like we're being taken care of by something other worldly. The future's forecast or the response to your questions could be through a random exchange between a stranger and you or really anything at all. As New Yorkers we become numb to these interactions and we just keep retracing with routine until it takes a giant slap to snap us out of it to notice anything at all. 

I was gently inspired today to pay attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment